Saturday 4 October 2008

My Sega Collection

I suppose the first proper post on the blog should be about my Sega collection. The collection started in 1995 when I got a Mega Drive II for my birthday. It came bundled with Sonic 2, which is now one of my favourite games of all time. I have gained a substantial Mega Drive collection since then, with over fifty games and many controllers, as well as an original Mega Drive.

Twinkle!

Over the past few years mine and my brother's collection has grown a lot. They have bought a Saturn and two Dreamcasts, whereas I have bought an original Master System and a Game Gear. However predictably the Game Gear's speaker doesn't work!

Aside from the Sega consoles, we have many others; such as an Atari 2600 and a 7800, a NES and a SNES (sacrilege!) and also current-gen consoles such as the PS3. I might add that I have yet to even play a current-gen console!

In the future I hope to be buying a Mega-CD and a 32X to turn my beloved Mega Drive into the ultimate console, as well as new releases such as Pier Solar and Legend of Wukong. Hopefully these developers will eventually make some games that aren't RPGs!

P.S. I'm one of those people who believes in Dreamcast 2. ONE DAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First Post!

Anonymous said...

My personal favourite SEGA console is the Saturn. The arcade conversions are the best of the Saturn's era.