Sunday 25 January 2009

Yes, Ultimate Collection's arcade games are "HD" too


After browsing through the new screenshots of the arcade games present on Mega Drive Ultimate Collection, I noticed that they too have a "HD" filter on! I had not looked at them closely until now, and I can see that they have the same blobby filter present on the Mega Drive games.

The graphics-worsening effect is even present on the narrow-screened Zaxxon and Congo Bongo. I thought that with the arcade games generally having better graphics than the Mega Drive ones they wouldn't need this filter, but clearly Sega think they do.


Thankfully, you can turn the filter off to reveal something children are not familiar with - pixels! I can assure you that when I get this collection the HD visuals will be permanently off.

No comments: